In 2023, an estimated 4.9 billion people use social media across the world. Over the past decade, many businesses have recognized the significant value of social media. Beyond expanding audience reach and fostering community engagement, the data it offers is indispensable. This has become a powerful tool for insights into content and how companies can best spend their marketing/advertising dollars.
However, maybe business leaders are finding it hard to tap into the world of social media data. Sprouts 2023 State of Social Media report found that a staggering 42% of business leaders cite limited access to social media data tools and a lack of integration with other technology solutions as their primary obstacles.
Nike is a prime example of what social media data can do for a business. Based on their analysis, they discovered that their target audience was more inclined to engage with the brand via social media platforms. Knowing this, Nike primarily used social media to market new initiatives by rolling out social media campaigns on platforms like Instagram and Facebook, targeting their desired audience with captivating visual content from product displays to endorsements by athletes.
The result? A marked 25% surge in engagement in comparison to their earlier social media undertakings, and a 10% boost in sales.
Xenophon has tried a few social media analytics tools out to see which we like best. We decided to compile a list of some of our favorite tools, in hopes that this could help someone who doesn’t know where to start.
HubSpot, primarily known as a powerhouse in inbound marketing, has expanded its suite to offer social media marketing tools. It brings together content management, CRM, email marketing, and social media into one integrated platform.
- Social Media Publishing: Automate and schedule posts across different channels from a single platform.
- Monitoring and Listening: Track brand mentions and conversations, allowing businesses to engage with their audience promptly.
- Analytics Dashboard: Monitor the performance of social media campaigns, understanding which content resonates best with the audience.
- Lead Integration: Seamlessly integrates with HubSpot’s CRM, allowing businesses to turn social interactions into leads and subsequently, into customers.
HubSpot boasts a robust App Marketplace with over 500+ integrations including Slack, WordPress, and Canva, ensuring businesses can connect their entire tech stack.
Sprout Social combines social media management with deep analytical insights. It offers tools for engagement, publishing, listening, and analytics, making it a holistic solution for brands seeking to boost their social media presence.
- Smart Inbox: Aggregates messages from all social profiles into one stream, simplifying engagement and response management.
- Publishing and Scheduling: Plan, schedule, and post content across networks with visualization through its shared content calendar.
- Social Listening: Monitor brand mentions, track competitors, and stay updated with industry trends.
- Performance Reports: Offers in-depth insights with customizable reporting tools.
Integration: Sprout Social integrates seamlessly with platforms like Google Analytics, allowing businesses to have a more unified approach to customer engagement.
Hootsuite reigns as one of the most popular social media management platforms. With its user-friendly dashboard, businesses can efficiently manage multiple social media accounts, schedule posts, and track performance metrics.
- Unified Dashboard: Centralizes streams from different social networks, allowing for simultaneous monitoring and engagement.
- Content Scheduling: Schedule posts in advance across multiple platforms, ensuring consistency in posting and maximizing audience reach.
- Analytics and Reports: Provides comprehensive analytics on engagement, reach, and conversions. Customizable reports can be created to focus on desired metrics.
- Team Collaboration: Delegate tasks, assign permissions, and ensure seamless communication among team members.
Integration: Hootsuite’s App Directory allows for integration with a variety of third-party apps including Google Drive, Trello, and Mailchimp, expanding its capabilities beyond just social media.
As the digital world continues to evolve, so does the importance of having an active and strategic presence on social platforms. With the vast amount of data generated on social media every day, businesses have an unprecedented opportunity to gain insights into their audience’s behavior, preferences, and feedback. However, tapping into this potential requires the right set of tools and an understanding of how to use them effectively.